Junair: Paint drying and curing system saves up to 40% energy costs
- Fast flash-off time – 7 minutes complete application
- Cuts energy consumption by around 40%
- Combination disruptive airflow and elevated air temperature
- Disadvantages of conventional spray booths
QADs™ of Junair Spraybooths Limited is an internationally patented Junair system that supplies additional air flow from the corners of the spray booth cabin. The clean, filtered and heated air provided by QADs™ creates an environment for the fast, controlled flash off of waterborne base-coats and the rapid through curing of low VOC top coats.
Combination disruptive airflow and elevated air temperature
The disruptive airflow from the QADs™ nozzles, together with an elevated air temperature accelerates the evaporation of water from qads3d1the paint coating. Unlike some other systems, QADs™ covers the whole vehicle in one operation ensuring consistent drying of waterborne base-coats.
Disadvantages of conventional spray booths
Conventional spray booths are inefficient in raising the lower panels of a vehicle to the required curing temperature. This is because warm air rises to the top of the cabin whilst cooler air descends to floor level. Also, the air passing over the lower panels has already been cooled by the substrate above. Differences of 10-15°C are not uncommon in conventional booths, leading to extended baking times, taking up more valuable booth time and energy.
Heated air from QADs™, however, envelops the whole vehicle including the lower panels, ensuring that the recommended temperature is achieved quickly. On most spraybooth ovens QADs™ will achieve the lower panel temperature of 60°C within 10 minutes, specified by many of today’s motor manufacturers.
Cuts energy consumption by around 40%
• Fast flash-off time – 7 minutes complete application
• High Build Primer baked in just 15 minutes
• Ultra High Solids clear/solid baked in just 25 minutes
• Total process time for each base and clear job of 1 hour
• Cuts energy consumption by around 40%
• Eases the common Bodyshop bottleneck
• Can reduce the number of booths required, releasing
useful floor space
• Reduces the need for fast activators – less stock holding
• Clean in operation – air filtered to just 10 microns
• Covers the whole vehicle
• Not compressed air driven
• Adjustable nozzles for painting panels off the vehicle
The system is available with a variety of options, which offer further performance improvement and additional savings in energy consumption and costs.